Monday, June 12, 2006

I had dream... it seemed so real... I dreamt that I walked in a field... I was alone... the air was cold... and I felt uneasy... at some point I can say that I felt scared...

I felt alone...

I walked... there were many flowers... the aroma was intoxicating... it smelled like magnolias... the sun shined but I still felt cold...

I was barefoot... the soil was soft...

For each step that I took... I felt even more empty... I turned everywhere... I could only see flowers and nothing more... I picked some... and went on my pointless journey...

The farther I went... the less flowers on the field... until there was none... so I treasured what I held in my hands... and went on... still cold... still alone...

For a moment I heard waves... my heart raced... the field was over... and I stood in front of the ocean... it glimmered and the smell of salty water mixed with the magnolia smell was like an embrace when you are 5 years old and scared of the dark... but it only lasted for a moment... the cold breeze showed up... and took it all away... I was alone again holding my magnolia smelling flowers...

And so I needed to move on... but where to go?... Should I swim? Should I go back? Should I walk east? west?... It didnt matter... did it?... so i walked...

Until I saw you... at first I thought it wasnt possible... the closer I got... the more my heart would race... never has it pounded so fast... I started to run... you were sitting down in the sand... staring at the ocean...

by the time I got there I was exhausted... you barelly noticed that I was there...

Hello? - I said... and you turned to see me... with those eyes that I adore... that look that once made me feel so special...

you smiled and asked me to sit next to you... and I did... the sun started to come out...

I was once again stitting with you... watching a sunrise...

I like it here - you said - I want to be here all my life...
you took a deep breath and turned to me - and where do you want to be?

I didnt know what to say... I had nowhere to go... no one waited for me... the field was as empty as how I felt... but at that moment it was different...

you were here...

I smiled as the wind played with your hair... and the waves sang and glittered even more beautifully than before...

You smiled back at me... and took one of the magnolia smelling flowers... You will be fine... breaking the silence... I'll see you when I see you... and walked away...

the waves started to scream in anger... and once again... i was cold... i was stunned... i watched you leave and didnt do a thing... in complete anger... i ran the other way... trying to leave it all behind... the faster i ran the more violent the sea became... the waves started to hit my feet... i ran faster... holding the tears... i ran faster... my heart felt like it was going to explode... but i didnt care... i ran faster... and when i least expected... the waves were crashed on me... and i was dragged into the sea....

the raging sea wouldnt let me go... i tried to swim... but it was no use... i was scared... i was terrified...

and I woke up...

5 people said...:

Raven Darkmoon said...

It's that kind of dream that you wake up and feel those pearl-like tears running down your face... =(

Marcos Legaspi said...

el final rifo! :D

Emily said...

sorry Raven.. no pearl-like tears ;)

guess it was more like... i want to write it down feeling :)

AllPowerToThePeople said...

...Be patient (wait it out)

If there were no rewards to reap,
No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,
I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.

If there were no desire to heal
The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away by now.

And I still may ...

joe said...

y si en lugar de correr y dejar todo atrás, sólo caminas hacia donde está lo que quieres? y si en lugar de detener las lágrimas las dejas rodar? y si en lugar de tratar de nadar sólo flotas? de cualquier forma duele y lloras por dentro y el pasado sigue sin irse. de cualquier forma todo pasa...