Babasonique Weekend!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Ok, I'm a Babasonicos fan, and couldn't miss out on the show.

They played for a while and it rocked!, I like that they punch up the songs in concerts, that makes the people all hyper. We all sang, and sang, and sang some more.


I liked how the sunset was a nice background, unfortunately my camera couldn't capture the magic. Anywho, the best thing is that, in the end, Mariano (guitarist) threw his guitar pick... guess who got it?


MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D




♪ Quería contarte y que me seas todo oidos ♪


I know that it wasn't just a babasonicos concert, but to me they were the main band... here is a very short critique of who I saw:
  • Aeroplanos: Which really didn't appeal to me, except one song, I don't remember the name of the song, they were kinda fast and didn't give anything new.
  • Magnolia Ave: Um... I only listened to one song so I can't say much
  • Annie Dolls: Oh dear God! I really reaaaaaaally did not like them... AT ALL... and when I say AT ALL... I mean that my ears were about to bleed. The main vocals of the band are two girls with high pitched voices, I would say they were... what? 15? It was kinda like young Timbirinche emo style... it's just wrong... in so many levels.
  • Manuel CS: he was cool, at the end of his performance he mixed in some The Doors samples, I liked that a lot, unfortunately there wasn't a lot of people around to enjoy it.
  • Austin TV: They kick ass! I liked them a lot! they get all crazy but in a really kick ass way, I would surely see them again. The vibe is great and highly recommended. Music wise, they are really in sync with each other and give out a magic feeling that not all bands can achieve.
Did someone see VHS or Beta? How was it? I left because it was too cold and I couldn't get my jacket from the car because the mean people of the event wouldn't let you back in once you left the concert T_T you had to buy another ticket... mean people! mean!

4 people said...:

marisol said...

Sobre vhs or beta, no llegaron al soundcheck o no se los programaron, whatever, de modo que los tipos llegaron bien bañaditos y listos para la acción a nada más y nada menos que andar de jalacables acomodando sus cosas (9:50 pm)

10:10 Siguen acomodando.
10:20 Terminan de acomodar, empieza el soundcheck.
10:40 La gente se impacienta y les grita de cosas.
10:50 El staff se impacienta y deja a los tipos solos en el escenario haciéndose bolas.
11:05 Empiezan a tocar. Rockean chilo aún con su evidente cara de decepción, les falla la guitarra y la pila en varias ocasiones.
11:25 Les avisan que ya estuvo porque su show ya consumió demasiado tiempo.

Emily said...

Oh demonios :(

Que mal rollo... :(

Espero que por eso no sea la ultima vez que vienen a Mexicali...

Insisto... Mean People >_<

LinceLeopardo said...

Mean...they sound more like greedy & stupid!

Emily said...

that too... >_<