Another Movies movies movies...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Well hello again... on my last post I promised two reviews and after seeing another heart moving girly movie I think its time to make amends... so here we go...

Down to you

This movie came out in 2000 but to me it was sooooo 90's, haha had to say it... Freddie Prince Jr. stars in it along with Julia Stiles, the movie basically takes you on the evolution of a relationship... the honeymoon period and so on... if you ever had a long term relationship there are things that you will feel moved by... i recomend this... it is full of cliches... but all in all... i think its good...

Sweet November

Well I'm amazed... just found out this is a remake... 1968 remake... hmmm... interesting... haha moving on... Neo... *cough* I mean Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron star in this one... I must confess that at first I couldn't stand the main characters... they were sooooo exagerated... but I still gave the movie a chance and well... I ended up almost crying with it... the plot goes around this big time advertising guy who ends up meeting this crazy hippish girl that turns his life upside down... it's not your tipical boy meets girl and the world is upside down type movie... trust me on this one... it has a special spin to it... that's all I'll say... or I'll end up spoiling and we dont want that... now do we?

Autumn in New York

Ahhhh Richard Gere... I don't care if that guy is old I think he is truly a handsome actor (bet you were expecting a comment like, ahhh I dont care if he's old I think he's hot... hahahaha! well no :P beat you to it)... and Winona Ryder... this movie almost made me cry as well... I think I'm really a sucker for chic flicks haha... anywho... the story follows two characters who fall in love... a rich ladies man, a simple yet enchanting young girl and how the phrase "All I'm able to offer you is this, nothing more until it ends" can have different meanings... I know I know... it dosen't sound unique... but... hey! trust me on this one... would I risk mentioning it on my previous post if it wasn't worth it? curious? go for it ;)

Well this is the end of the post... I hope you enjoy the movies as much as I did... I hope I didnt spoil any of them and got you curious into seeing at least one...

au revoir! ;)

2 people said...:

Jalex said...

Homework done... again...

So... the good one by far was Down To You, a VERY good movie. Again it's a shame that it had to fall in the "happily ever after" ending. Life is not that way, wonder what Woody Allen might have done with it...

Anyhow... Autumn in New York was well let's say... boring... I was really convinced that Richard Gere was "in love" with an exit to his way of living, not to the girl.

Anyhow, if you liked this one, you'll like Elegy with Penelope Cruz and Ben Kingsley. Also, for a really good romantic comedy, try Fever Pitch with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon.

Thanx again for the recommendations.

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommendations, I'll get back to you on it turned out :D