Movies movies movies...

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Well these past few days I've spent watching movies... so here are a few recommendations if you are completely bored...

first... the girly ones ha ha... sorry but I've been in a romantic comedy mood...

How to lose a guy in 10 days...

This one takes me back... it came out in 2003... starring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey... directed by Donald Petrie...

It pretty much goes around on how bad a date can go and how much can one be patient... it get's mushy... buuuuuuuuuuut I know guys who lived through it... so it's not all lost ;P ha ha... I give it a good ol' 7 out of 10... it's a nice movie you probably won't remember when you think of your top 10 movies of all time... but I guarantee it will make you smile at least once... you choose if you give it a chance or not ;)

The Holiday

I was curious about this one since the first time I saw the trailer... it came out in 2006... starring Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. Directed by Nancy Meyers (just found out she made What Women Want, also very recomendable).

Now I know, the combination of actors is kind of weird... but I gave it a chance today... and it almost made me cry... it's a really touching movie... especially if you have ever been in the "unrequited love" category... it makes you laugh... it almost made me cry... it lifts your spirits and makes you feel better (even if your heart isn't aching)... I loved Kate Winslet's character, the way she expresses herself... I dare say... that this is one new addition to my top 10 chick flicks :) most definetly... I give it a 8.5 out of 10 (its was a 9 but Cameron Diaz isn't an actress I'm very fond of... so it took some points away ha ha)... conclusion if you have the time and in the mood to watch a chick flick... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...

Definetly, Maybe

This is a recent one... came out this year (2008)... starring Ryan Reynolds (I remember this guy from that old TV show Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place daaaaamn loooong time ago... can't believe it's been 10 years of that... too long)... also Abigail Breslin (the girl from Little Miss Sunshine), Elizabeth Banks (well I really didn't know who she was till I saw this movie, sorry), Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers) and Rachel Weisz (The Mummy)... directed by Adam Brooks (he wrote French Kiss (another cute chick flick I recommend) and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (hey! dont judge me <_< !)) Ok ok after a loooong actor and director section... we get to this... I'm sorry but it ain't a reaaaaaally great movie... It's entertaining and it has a new spin on how the story is told and evolves... but... well... I give it a 5.5 out of 10... the audience can get caught inside the movie... but it's pretty easy to get distracted... the main character is a guy... so we are seeing things from the guy's point of view... if you have no other thing to do... and already saw the holiday (ha ha) you could check this one out... Ok... we are done with the chick flicks... one more movie review and I'm heading to bed... Meet the Robinsons...


This movie was made by the Walt Disney Animation Studios (Pixar wasn't involved)... when I first heard about this movie... I was totally indifferent... felt like it was another Disney movie that wasn't going to make it... It didn't catch my eye... as hard as it tried... nope... wasn't interested... at all... buuuut... Sefe told me that he liked it... now curiosity was a good reason to watch it and suprisingly... its really good... maybe it was because I started watching it with 0 expectations (the speed racer effect I call it)... but I found it funny and really enjoyable... the villan is so great and the family is just crazy... I give it a 8... I would definetly watch it again... and if this review convinced you and you are considering seeing it... keep you're eyes open and you'll find hidden mickeys and cool stuff around ;) thats all I have to say about that...

Now before I go... animation wise... I think they started (the new name and image of the studio) with the right foot as they're first movie (they have to work really hard to stand out of Pixar's shadow in the 3D animation area... eventhough it's said that 2D is still going to be worked there)

Ok... that's enough for today... it's late and I'm sleepy...

I hope you enjoyed this and find at least one movie interesting... enjoy!

3 people said...:

el memo said...

My Recommendation:

BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU ARE DEAD

Jalex said...

Homework done!!

Before I start, thanks for recommending these movies, they were all fantastic, and they helped me to have many enjoyable break hours.

I must say that I strongly agree with you in almost everything. Holiday was in fact a great movie, well the Winslet part was awesome. It's a shame that the plot was developed by a "romantic comedy" director, it had so big potential... it was sad to see it fall into the "live happily ever after" ending...

The one that I definitly do not agree is the Definitly Maybe movie. It was GOOD. Maybe we can chat on this one to understand why you say "not a really good movie".

Anyhow, I don't know why I pictured you on my mind when "Lizzy and her fire ant" hitted the screen: "only my enemies..." couldn't help it :)

Thanks again for the recommendations!!!!!

Emily said...

Oh Gosh! Lizzy and her fire ants ;P hahahaha that's a good one :P

I'm glad you enjoyed the movies, and yes, hopefully we will discuss on why definitely maybe was not one of my faves :P